Stabilization Central Credit Union
1441 Creekside Drive Vancouver, BC V6J 4S7
Manager, Risk Services
Level One Licensee
Job ID: 4477
Click here to find more jobs posted by this employer
We are seeking a Manager, Risk Services to assist in a variety of tasks to champion risk management throughout the credit union system of British Columbia.
Manager, Risk Services
Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
Bring your wealth of risk management knowledge and enthusiasm to a newly created position at
Stabilization Central Credit Union!
We are seeking a Manager, Risk Services to assist in a variety of tasks to champion risk management throughout the credit union system of British Columbia. A results-driven, analytical professional, you will perform a variety of complex tasks related to enhancing our existing risk management framework and in designing risk management approaches and processes.
The Manager, Risk Services assumes the role of claims examiner to handle Master Bond Program fidelity claims. The position assumes a claims advisory role for Stabilization Central members and involvement in the handling of claims, primarily related to fraud, forgery, on-line banking compromise and dishonesty.
The Manager, Risk Services participates in the delivery of the risk management programs, leads projects and provides guidance on the application of our risk management framework. This position interacts with individuals throughout the credit union system at various levels. Expect challenging work in a fast paced environment, with critical deadlines, along with the chance to add value by strengthening risk management and governance practices across the system.
The position will report to the Senior Vice President, Finance & Risk.
Enterprise Risk Management:
- Support the business to apply risk management processes to identify, assess, monitor, treat and report on significant risks and issues to the Executive Leadership Team and the Board of Directors.
- Maintain risk registers, liaising with risk champions, internal oversight groups and risk owners to gather updates on existing and emerging risks to credit unions and the system as a whole
- Prepare meeting materials and facilitate risk update meetings with divisional Executive and Senior Management to discuss updates on existing and emerging risks.
- Prepare meeting materials and risk reporting for presentation to Executive Leadership
Team, Board of Directors and Committees of the Board.
- Maintain awareness of risk management best practices and professional standards and provide input to enhance risk management practices.
- Maintain awareness of emerging risks, trends and legislation and regulatory changes affecting operations
Master Bond Program:
- Liaise with insurance broker to renew and maintain the master bond program.
- Support the business on requests and inquiries about the adequacy of insurance requirements for specific contracts, and requests for review or issuance of certificates of insurance.
- Liaising with the Credit Unions on loss events and reporting insured losses
- Good knowledge of the Credit Union Act, Insurance Act, relevant to claims and litigation procedures, provincial statutes relevant legislation and regulations.
- Knowledge of risk management principles, concepts, standards (e.g., ISO 31000, COSO ERM), practices and tools.
- Planning and organization skills, including multi-tasking
- Self-motivated with the drive to solve problems, make decisions and provide timely feedback.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and adapt communication style to meet the needs of different levels of management and Boards.
- Negotiation and collaboration skills and the ability to influence people.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills with a good eye for detail.
- Advanced computer literacy and knowledge of relevant computer applications (MS Word, Power Point, Excel).
- A business or banking background, preferably with a degree in Management/Business studies (e.g., Accounting, Finance, Economics) or from functional experience.
- A professional designation in Audit, Risk, Insurance or Finance, such as: CIA, CISA, CRM, FRM, CIP, CPA, etc.
- Experience on the application of risk management principles, concepts, standards, practices and tools.
- 5+ years’ experience in insurance, audit and/or risk advisory services.
Stabilization Central Credit Union’s mandate is to help protect B.C.’s credit union system. Prevention, through early monitoring, helps SCCU identify and assist credit unions facing governance, operational, or financial challenges. Stabilization Central’s aim is to reinforce our commitment to help strengthen and solidify the viability, stability and prosperity of BC credit unions.
We are an organization that knows the value of talented people. A career at Stabilization Central is an opportunity to be part of a collaborative, nimble and inclusive team that is focused on partnering with and serving its customers, the credit union system of British Columbia. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a challenging work environment.
Stabilization Central Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer, and invites applications from all qualified candidates. For more information and to apply to this opportunity, please email: or
Find us at: