Aon Is Looking For A Broker; Aviation Specialty Group
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Aviation Division within Aon Reed Stenhouse in Vancouver, BC. As a Broker, you will report directly to the Manager, Aviation Specialty Group.
Your Impact As A Broker; Aviation Specialty Group
- Collaborating with Account Executives to develop coverage strategy and marketing initiatives for renewal and prospective business;
- Coordinating / providing oversight to the account team and establish client service plans that prioritize the account activities and profitability in a value-based approach for the scope of services required;
- Analyzing client specific risk exposure and coverage requirements; preparing and presenting marketing proposals for renewals and new business;
- Identifying specific client and prospect needs and developing innovative and cost effective solutions;
- Reviewing and revising the insurance program in conjunction with the client to ensure complete and appropriate coverage;
- Delivering continuous excellence in servicing an existing book of business;
- Establishing, and maintaining strong relationships with the underwriting community for the ultimate benefit of the client;
- Negotiating with underwriters for the best terms, conditions and competitive pricing for existing and new clients;
- Verifying all policies and documentation for accuracy in accordance with terms and conditions;
- Following up with insurers to confirm terms of the negotiated contract are met;
- Approving documentation for new contracts, policy changes, additions, deletions and renewals;
- Acting as the visible face of Aon to the clients/prospects in the community, working to consistently prospect and facilitating lead generation activities;
- Providing leadership, mentoring and direction to junior colleagues;
- Leading by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of best practice; and
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of insurance and/or industry experience;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written;
- Client focused and proven relationship building skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure;
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package.
- Prior experience in the Aviation segment is strongly preferred.
- Post-Secondary degree or a combination of education and equivalent years of industry experience;
- General Insurance Level Two (2) License required; General Insurance Level One (1) License preferred;
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) or Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) or Certified Risk Management (CRM) designations are preferred;
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses and certifications (i.e. Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) / Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP)).
We Offer You:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.