Strong Teams | Strong Communities | Strong Future
Our Guiding Principles - Truthfulness, Fairness, Value, and Loyalty - have not changed since the day Western Financial Group was formed. The decisions we make every day are based on these Guiding Principles.
What does an Underwriter do at Western?
Reporting to the Underwriting Manager, our Underwriters are an integral part of the Service Center that supports our branches across Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland. All our employees have a direct influence on our brand in the communities they serve, through the excellent service and support they provide.
Your success stems from your ability to effectively liaise with insurance specialists for accurate risk assessment, mitigation and acceptance for new policies. You have the opportunity to be part of a collaborative team, who contribute to the overall success of the business.
- Communicate with clients regarding new policy issuance, changes, renewals and cancellations
- Advise, interpret and validate coverage based on policy terms
- Issue policy changes, renewals and cancellations
- Investigate and correct accounting discrepancies, including month accounts receivable reports
- Support internal departments and branches with policy interpretation and technical advice
What does Western offer you?
- Opportunities to train and develop, including insurance licensing if required
- Three weeks vacation plus paid personal days
- Company-matched investment and saving programs
- Extended health and dental benefits, 50% premium paid
- Competitive salary package
What we are looking for?
Being successful in this role requires the ability to deliver on short deadlines, provide excellence in service and to contribute to a positive work environment by encompassing our Guiding Principles.
- General Insurance Level 1 License required, Level 2 preferred
- Preference given to those who are actively working towards a CIP/CAIB
- 3 years experience with Personal/Commercial Line policies or Commercial Line sales
- Professional communication etiquette, both written and verbal
- Well versed in navigating multiple computer programs at once
- Victoria, BC
- Full Time – 37.5 hours/week
- Monday - Friday schedule
Create a Profile | Apply | Set Job Alerts