Job Board FAQ
I’m a Job Seeker looking for a job
I’m not a member of IBABC. Can I still use the job board?
Yes; anyone who’s seeking a job in the P&C insurance industry in B.C. can create a profile (visible to member brokers looking to hire) and view current job postings (posted by member brokers looking to hire) on the job board. You have the option of either creating a profile which potential employers can see and applying for jobs directly through the job board, or simply looking at posted jobs anonymously.
How do I login/create a profile?
- Go to the Job Board landing page.
- Click on the link that says “Don’t have an account, click here to apply.”
- You will be prompted to fill out a form with your name, your email, and a username and a password.
- You will receive an email letting you know that your job board account is pending. To complete the registration process, click on the link in the email and it will send you back to the job board where you will be prompted to complete your full profile. This profile will include details like your contact information, education, work history and salary expectations. You will also be able to upload a copy of your resume and a cover letter.
- Once you’ve completed your profile you’ll be able to search and apply for jobs. Please note: if you don’t see the “Apply here” button at the top of job listing it is because you haven’t properly logged in and completed your profile. Please close your browser and go back to your confirmation email, follow the link and complete your profile. After your profile has been successfully completed you will be able to see the “Apply” button.
I’ve logged in. How do I apply for jobs?
Once you’ve completed your profile you’ll be able to search and apply for jobs. Each job posting you click on will have a gray button that says “Apply.” Please note: if you don’t see the “Apply” button at the top of job listing it is because you haven’t properly logged in and completed your profile. Please close your browser and go back to your confirmation email, follow the link and complete your profile. After your profile has been successfully completed you will be able to see the “Apply” button.
What does the “Save a Job” button do?
When you are browsing for jobs clicking the “Save a Job” button (located at the top of a job posting) will let you save that job on your “My Saved / Applied Jobs”. This helps keep track of what jobs you have viewed and which jobs you have applied for.
I’m still employed and looking for a new job. Will my currently employer be able to see my profile?
If your employer has a job board account and is currently looking for new hires, it’s possible that she/he will see your profile. You can simply look at job postings anonymously without creating a profile, but if you want to apply for a job directly through the job board you will need to create a profile.
I’m an Employer looking to hire
I don’t have an account how do I access the job board?
- The first step is to elect a Super Admin as manager of the job board. The Super Admin will be the person in your company who oversees most of the hiring procedures (usually this is the owner, manager, HR specialist or administrative staff.) Have the Super Admin complete this form either by signing off on it themselves or having the manager or owner sign off on it.
- Forward the completed Admin form to IBABC by fax (604-683-8497) or by email.
- Once your authorization form has been received, the Super Admin will get a confirmation email letting them know they can login.
I used to have a job board account, but now my login and password no longer work!
The new job board is based on a tiered access system. erson (the Super Admin) per company has total administrative access of that company’s job board account. Once the Super Admin has been authorized he/she will be given a new login that is different from their old job board account. One p
How do I make my job postings inactive without deleting them?
- Go to your Dashboard
- Go to “My job listings”
- Find the job you would like to make inactive and click the “edit” button (it’s the small pencil icon to the far right)
- On the editing page you can then toggle your job postings Active: no/yes.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to “save” the change
- Please note: When you are ready to repost the job you may need to reset the “publish dates.” This can be done in the “my job listings” page.
How do I change my password?
- Login with your old password
- Click on “Edit profile”
- Click on “Update your profile”
- Type your new password into the password field and click “Update”.
How can I change my brokerage’s name or address?
Please contact IBABC to update your brokerage details.
The address for my brokerage is correct, but the location on the map is wrong.
Please contact IBABC if the map coordinates do not match your brokerage’s address.
I’m a Super Admin. How to I give my colleagues Admin access?
If you’re logged in as a Super Admin you will see on your dashboard a button that says “Add an employer” this will let you add an employee from any branch in your company and give them Employer or Admin status. Click here for definitions of the term: “Super Admin”, “Admin” and Employer.”
Super Admin:This user has the top-level control of the account for the brokerage corporate entity. She/he will be able to view and control the usage and access of the entire brokerage account, and can add, delete or modify the accounts of any Admins or Employers who work at any of the entity’s IBABC-member locations, including the head office, branch offices and affiliate offices, as applicable. Super Admins can manage job postings. IBABC will work with the Super Admins for the initial account set-up. Typically Super Admins will be a brokerage principal, or a designated manager or HR personnel who has authorization from the principal.
Admin: These users can manage job postings for their own branch. They have the authorization to view resumes, post/edit and delete job postings. In a typical multi-branch brokerage, the branch manager or office manager would have Admin status.
Employer: The Employer level is the most basic level of access. By default Super Admins and Admins are Employers that have administrative privileges. Employers can login to search the profiles and résumés posted by Job Seekers. They post jobs at their own location only.
|Quick reference of the duties and responsibilities for the three tiers of access||Super Admin||Admin||Employer|
|Can login and view applicants||√||√||√|
|Can post/edit/delete jobs at their brokerage||√||√||√|
|Can post/edit/delete jobs as any employer at his/her brokerage||√||√|
|Can post/edit/delete jobs as an employer at any brokerage in their corporate structure||√|
|Can elect other colleagues to “Admin” status||√|
|Can reduce authorization of an “Admin: to “Employer” status||√|
I’m looking at my posting and I don’t see any contact information. How does a Job Seeker contact me?
When a Job Seeker is logged in and clicks on a job posting they will see a grey “Apply” button at the top of each posting. Clicking on this button will send you, the Employer, an email alerting you that this Job Seeker is interested in your job. You can then login to your dashboard, click on “My job applicants” where you can see the applicant full profile including work history and contact information. You can then contact this applicant for an interview.