Writing a CAIB Online Exam Outside Greater Vancouver
REQUIREMENTS AND HOW TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION
- You need to contact the College or University in your area, and set up the time and date for your exam.
- Students have their proctors' fill in the proctor nomination form with the details of the exam proctor, location, date and time. Students must read, sign and date the form. The form must be submitted for IBABC approval at j a minimum of 3 full business days prior to the exam date. No exam arrangements will be accepted by phone or fax.
- Exams must be conducted on weekdays between 9:00am and 4:30pm.
- Email addresses provided for nominated proctors must contain the proctor's place of employment. Proctor codes will NOT be sent to @gmail, @hotmail etc. email addresses.
- Students are responsible for all proctoring fees associated with the exam and are must contact the university or college that they will be sitting the exams at to inquire about testing costs
- Please see the To Register section below for the link to the Online CAIB payment page - once you have been approved and received email confirmation that your payment has been processed, your exam date and time will be activated.
- The student will receive an examination candidate code. The student must have this code and one piece of valid, government issued photo ID with in order to start the exam.
ELIGIBLE EXAM VENUES
- Campbell River – North Island College
- Cranbrook – College of the Rockies
- Castlegar – Selkirk College
- Kelowna – Okanagan Community College or UBC Okanagan Campus
- Kamloops – Thompson River University (One day a month only)
- Nanaimo – Vancouver Island University
- Prince George – College of New Caledonia
- Vernon - Okanagan Community College
- Victoria – Camosun College
These are just a few of the major venues above, students can write at any college or university in your area. If it is not on the above list, please confirm with IBABC. Please email .
Students are responsible for contacting the college in their area regarding any fees associated with the exam sitting. All questions about availability, cost and testing process must be directed to your proctor at the college.
Please ensure to indicate to the proctor that this is an online exam.
Have your proctor for the pre-determined, post- secondary institution fill out:
2. Register online via the Online Registration Site (Captus)
NOTE: IF YOU ARE MAKING PAYMENT BY CHEQUE. THE CHEQUE MUST BE MADE OUT TO CAPTUS PRESS INC. AND SEND DIRECTLY TO:
Captus Press Inc.
Units 14 & 15,
1600 Steeles Ave. West,
Concord, Ontario L4K 4M2
Cheques send to IBABC for the CAIB online exam will be returned to sender.
Note: IBABC cannot approve the application until both steps 1 and 2 have been completed. IBABC is not responsible improperly completed registration and will neither notify students of nor rectify errors in the registration process. Incomplete or improperly filled out forms with be rejected and the student will need to resubmit a corrected form. Please Note: Due to high processing volumes, IBABC is NOT responsible for improper registrations, and will NOT notify you about any registration errors or correct them for you. If you have registered for an exam incorrectly, your registration will be rejected and it will your responsibility to correct any errors. If you register as a full exam and you are supposed to be taking a rewrite exam, we will reject your registration.
RESCHEDULING AND CANCELLATION
- Students are required to give a minimum of 24 hours' notice to IBABC in writing to in the event that the date or time of their online CAIB exam changes. Failure to give notice of changes to the exam date and time will result in a payment of the $75 deferral fee.
- You must also advise your proctor if you are changing/cancelling your exam as well. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that the college or university you are writing with knows you are cancelling/deferring, as they have their own cancellation policy. IBABC does not contact your proctor on your behalf.
REFUND AND TRANSFER OF PAYMENTS FOR PAPER EXAMS
The transfer of existing paper exam fees cannot be transferred to an online exam. If you have previously paid for a paper exam, and would like to write an online exam instead, you must request a refund from IBABC.
Paper exams are non-refundable after six months. Online exams are non-refundable after one year.