BFL Canada Insurance Services Inc.
200-1177 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC
Level Two Licensee
Job ID: 4529
Click here to find more jobs posted by this employer
WHO WE ARE
BFL CANADA is a leading employee-owned and operated commercial insurance brokerage and consulting services firm in 12 cities across Canada. The key to our success has always been our passionate and engaged team, now
YOUR DAY AS A SENIOR CLAIMS ADVISOR
- Upon notification of a new claim, reviews the relevant policy, gathers all necessary facts and information, and contacts the insurer.
- Conducts analysis of claims and coverage in order to provide effective solutions to coverage issues.
- Provides technical expertise to clients regarding claims coverage.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with the client and Client Management team regarding notification, progress and resolution of claims.
- Builds and maintains excellent working relationships with adjusters and insurers and solicitors.
- Negotiates payments and reimbursements with the insurers on the client’s behalf.
- Liaises with the Accounting department to ensure proper settlement of claims.
- Provides assistance, mentorship and support to other members of the Claims team.
- Participates in presentation to prospective clients and/or associations, as needed.
- Maintains current and accurate files and documentation for each claim on EPIC.
- Prepares claims reports as required
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Minimum 10 years claims experience, preferably in construction, professional liability and commercial insurance. Experience in transportation, and marine an asset.
- University degree or professional insurance designation in claims
- Level 2 license or applicable provincial license requirements
- Experience with higher value and complex claims
- Excellent technical knowledge, attention to detail and precision
- Exemplary analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and professionally with clients, team members and others within the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Client centric and service oriented perspective
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and EPIC
Reports to: Vice President Claims
- You will be working in a thriving, progressive and well-established insurance brokerage company
- Competitive salary, group insurance benefits, and RRSP matching plans from your first day
- A culture that encourages and supports continued education
Let’s make a difference together: please forward your resume in a PDF format to and specify in the email subject this job title and the location, so we can learn more about you.
Let’s stay in touch: follow us on LinkedIn to see what we are up to and check out our other job openings.
Learn more about us on our website: http://www.bflcanada.ca/
Find us at: