Insurance Agent Job Responsibilities: Provides service to clients' changing insurance needs by selling Home and Auto Insurance, Business Insurance, Life Insurance, Group Benefits, RRSP/RESP/TFSA, and Travel Insurance.
Insurance Agent Job Duties:
- Develops base for long-term sources of clients by using referrals, occupational, and special-interest groups to compile lists of prospects.
- Determines clients' particular needs and financial situations by scheduling fact-finding appointments; determining extent of present coverage and investments; ascertaining long-term goals.
- Develops a coordinated protection plan by calculating and quoting rates for immediate coverage action and long-term strategy implementation.
- Obtains underwriting approval by completing application for coverage.
- Completes coverage by delivering policy; planning future follow-up visits and evaluations of needs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances insurance agency reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Insurance Agent Skills and Qualifications: Prospecting Skills, Meeting Sales Goals, Motivation for Sales, Selling to Customer Needs, Client Relationships, People Skills, Product Knowledge, General Math Skills, Organizational Skills, Dependability, Accountability, Statistical Analysis.
Computer Skills Requirements: Windows, Outlook, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power point, Access), ADCR , Policy Centre / Auto link.
What to expect:
- Willingness to work long hours when required.
- Self disciplined person, willing to work full shift on his / her own, fully capable to open and close the agency by himself
- Strict confidentiality is required with respect to sensitive matters and clients’ personal information.
- You will travel to meet clients.
- You are required to have a valid driver’s license.
- Obtain General Insurance License Level I, II within 6 months of employment.
- Obtain LLQP License within the first year of employment.
- You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of your employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.
To be successful:
- You remain focused and optimistic in the pursuit of a goal, despite barriers, until the objective is achieved and allocate time and resources to effectively manage the sales portfolio.
- You successfully build plans focused on expanding market penetration and apply an innovative mindset to improve operational efficiencies, with a client centric lens.
- You have strong communication skills to influence or persuade others to adopt a specific course of action and can effectively facilitate mutually beneficial solutions.
- You build trusting relationships and provide guidance to support the development of peers.
Interested in applying? Please submit your current resume and cover letter. Tell us a bit about yourself, your professional experience and how you think you can make a difference at The Co-operators. We look forward to learning more about you.
Job Type: Full-time
Language: This role operates in English, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Hindi , Punjabi