If you believe in the same things we do, let’s talk.
First West Credit Union is a tight-knit team of smart, friendly, creative, skillful and passionate professionals spread across British Columbia and beyond. We’ve come together because we believe in making a real difference in people’s financial lives. We believe that keeping things simple, showing leadership, and banking cooperatively can change the world for the better.
We are seeking an Insurance Services Manager to join our team as early as this Spring for our Victoria location.
The Manager, Insurance Services provides leadership and direction to staff within the insurance branch. This role focuses on financial growth and maintenance of existing personal insurance business; ensures sales targets are met; oversees the renewal of expiring branch policies; maintains control over all accounting and collection activities; and promotes insurance services and products with external clients, along with relationship building and community involvement.
Here’s what would be included as a part of your typical day:
- Coaching a team of amazing sales advisors
- Inspiring the community by acting local
- Collaborating with our partners in all our divisions to create remarkable experiences
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Level 2 required (CAIB 4 or CIP preferred)
- 5 years of experience (3 years as a Level 2) in sales and promotion of the full range of personal insurance products and services
- Demonstrated leadership attributes and/or experience coaching a sales team
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and solve problems using common sense and sound judgment
- Demonstrated ability to be positive and flexible to change and work in a busy environment
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills with ability to interact with a wide variety of people
Why work for us?
Our employees give us a lot and we think it’s only right to give something back. We offer a total rewards package that includes:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation and annual merit pay increases
- Flexible benefits as well as retirement benefits
- Vacation time, a flexible bonus day off every year, and the ability to purchase up to five additional flex days
- Other financial perks such as waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages, and vehicle leases, and no-interest loans to buy computers or fitness equipment for home use
But most of all, we’re invested in our local communities. Our initiatives are far-reaching with a special focus on raising food, funds and awareness for our local food banks. We volunteer and employees can be provided with paid time off to volunteer their time to assist in serving an organization.
What’s your place in the First West story? Apply now and let’s find out together!
This position will remain open until we find our next great leader.
First West regrets that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity & Inclusion
First West Credit Union is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.