If you believe in the same things we do, let’s talk.
First West Credit Union is a tight-knit team of smart, friendly, creative, skillful and passionate professionals spread across British Columbia and beyond. We’ve come together because we believe in making a real difference in people’s financial lives. We believe that keeping things simple, showing leadership, and banking cooperatively can change the world for the better.
The goal of the Senior Insurance Advisor is to build strong and lasting relationships with members and while providing them with solutions to their ICBC, auto, home, equipment, tenant and other insurance needs. In this role you will demonstrate a dedication to continuous improvement, a collaborative work style, and an ability to adapt to fast-paced change. You are motivated by providing genuine, remarkable member experiences every time.
Here’s what would be included as a part of your typical day:
Quoting and communicating insurance products to our members via phone and in person
Engaging with members and spotting opportunities where members would benefit from investment, lending, and other insurance products
Perform administrative duties as assigned such as mail management and distributing information among staff
Consistently educate yourself on changing insurance products and policy options
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Level 2 General Insurance License or ability to attain Level 2 Licensing within 1 year
- Enthusiastic and positive demeanor
- Customer service experience
Why work for us?
Our employees give us a lot and we think it’s only right to give something back. We offer a total rewards package that includes:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation and annual merit pay increases
- Flexible benefits as well as retirement benefits
- Vacation time, a flexible “Day4U”, and the ability to purchase up to 5 additional flex days
- Other financial perks such as waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages, and vehicle leases, and no-interest loans to buy computers or fitness equipment for home use
But most of all, we’re invested in our local communities. Our initiatives are far-reaching with a special focus on raising food, funds and awareness for our local food banks. We volunteer and employees can be provided with paid time off to volunteer their time to assist in serving an organization.
What’s your place in the First West story? Apply now and let’s find out together!
Diversity & Inclusion
First West Credit Union is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.