If you believe in the same things we do, let’s talk.
First West Credit Union is a tight-knit team of smart, friendly, creative, skillful and passionate professionals spread across British Columbia and beyond. We’ve come together because we believe in making a real difference in people’s financial lives. We believe that keeping things simple, showing leadership, and banking cooperatively can change the world for the better.
We are seeking a Senior Advisor, Insurance Services to join our team in Duncan, Langley or Penticton, BC.
The Senior Advisor, Insurance Services is responsible for providing high level of accurate and proactive sales and service to the Insurance clients. The role identifies the client insurance needs, cross-sells insurance and banking products and services and makes appropriate referrals. Key accountabilities include the accuracy and timeliness of transactions, the quality of service provided, as well as the achievement of sales, retention and referral goals.
Here’s what would be included as a part of your typical day:
Sells and processes personal lines insurance policies. Conducts client interviews to understand current needs, concerns and coverage requirements. Ensures follow up and sales through core policy renewals, may be required to assist with outstanding leads and referrals from branches. If required, responds to online quotes requested through the website.
Responsible for renewal processing, gathering underwriting information; including updating evaluators; collecting all premiums at the time of sale ensuring that transactions and payments are posted and processed accurately, efficiently and completely. Advises insuring company of any changes required for the renewal policy term.
Identifies opportunities to actively solicit referrals to other FW lines of business; cross sells insurance and banking products and services; seeks new business opportunities in client base and prospects potential new clients.
Maintain compliance with all audit and risk management requirements and all other internal policies.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Level two General Insurance License (Required)
- High School Diploma (Required)
- 1 year of sales or customer service experience
- 2 years of active use of General Insurance Level 1 License
- Intermediate MS Office skills
- Experience utilizing Internet and Web Based Applications
- Experience using Epic an asset
- Excellent customer services and interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Demonstrated ability to recognize needs, identify appropriate products and build strong member relationships
Why work for us?
Our employees give us a lot and we think it’s only right to give something back. We offer a total rewards package that includes:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation and annual merit pay increases
- Flexible benefits as well as retirement benefits
- Vacation time, a flexible bonus day off every year, and the ability to purchase up to five additional flex days
- Other financial perks such as waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages, and vehicle leases, and no-interest loans to buy computers or fitness equipment for home use
But most of all, we’re invested in our local communities. Our initiatives are far-reaching with a special focus on raising food, funds and awareness for our local food banks. We volunteer and employees can be provided with paid time off to volunteer their time to assist in serving an organization.
What’s your place in the First West story? Apply now and let’s find out together!
First West regrets that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity & Inclusion
First West Credit Union is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.