WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1987 by Barry F. Lorenzetti, BFL CANADA is one of the largest employee-owned and operated Risk Management, Insurance Brokerage, and Employee Benefits services firms in Canada. The firm has a team of over 650 professionals located in twelve cities across the country. BFL CANADA is a founding Partner of Lockton Global LLP, a Partnership of independent insurance brokers and agents who provide Risk Management, Insurance and Benefits Consulting services in over 120 countries around the world.
Here at BFL, our motto is work hard, play hard and we’re not afraid to prove it! Our employees have the freedom to demonstrate their own creativity, leadership and entrepreneurship because we strongly believe in them. We are a national collaborative team that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Our Vancouver office is situated in Coal Harbour, half a block from the world renowned Seawall. Employees often enjoy activities along the Seawall during their lunch break with Stanley Park being close by. Our office is easily accessible for employees by car and public transit and there are bike storage lockers in our building.
YOUR DAY AS A Client Service Manager
- Proactively assists Client Executive in managing a book of business by reviewing the client’s exposure and loss history and proposing appropriate coverages and/or solutions.
- Assist Client Executive in developing account strategies, presentations and proposals.
- Assist Client Executive in ensuring maximum retention of book by providing exceptional client service by regularly contacting existing clients to ensure quality service is being delivered and needs are met and exceeded.
- Ensures all client and insurer correspondence is accurate and flows in an efficient manner.
- Responds to telephone calls and written inquiries from clients and underwriters in a timely and professional manner.
- Markets new business as well as renewals and endorsements in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prepares underwriting submissions, client proposals, Cover Notes, Certificates of Insurance etc and maintains appropriate documentation for various accounts and/or correspondence.
- Reviews policy wordings and other documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Participates in industry functions and targeted public relations activities.
- Maintains extensive market relationships.
- Requests and follows up with insurers for quotes, outstanding information, endorsements or policy documentation.
- Ensures abeyances and follow ups for outstanding items from underwriters and clients are in place and done.
- Collaborates with Client Service Assistants ensuring internal and external documents are accurate and expedited in a timely manner.
- Monitors and ensures follow ups on outstanding client accounts receivables.
- Works with Accounting to resolve accounting discrepancies and related issues.
- Follows BFL policies and procedures, including security and quality procedures, as currently set out and as amended from time to time.
- Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Level 2 license
- At least 5 years of experience as a Client Service Manager or similar position
- FCIP or CIP designation preferred
- Must have strong technical knowledge
- Must be completely client focused
- Good knowledge of markets and their policy wordings
- Good quantitative skills and personal computer literacy – strong Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Creative application of products, markets, and alternatives
- Ability to independently carry out assignments
- You will be working in a thriving, progressive and well-established insurance brokerage company
- Competitive salary, group insurance benefits, and RRSP matching plans from your first day
- A culture that encourages and supports continued education
Let’s stay in touch: follow us on LinkedIn to see what we are up to and check out our other job openings.
Learn more about us on our website: http://www.bflcanada.ca/