WHO WE ARE
TSW Management Services exists to assist retail brokers in their growth of commercial business beyond their current capabilities. Our goal is to become one of Canada’s leading commercial insurance wholesalers through our product offerings, integrity, intelligence and delivery of outstanding service. In doing so, we “partner” with our brokers, sharing in their success.
TSW also acts as a “retail broker” through our competitive Broker’s E&O program.
TSW Management Services is looking for a Wholesale Insurance Broker for its Vancouver Office!
The primary purpose of this position is to support the Western Regional Manager in managing and growing a book of business by developing and maintaining excellent broker and underwriter relationships, with a focus on developing new business and maximizing retention.
If you are looking to work on a wide variety of complex commercial accounts for a well-established wholesale/MGA, then keep reading!
YOUR DAY AS A WHOLESALE INSURANCE BROKER
- Manages and maintains a book of renewal business that includes soliciting renewal applications well in advance of the renewal date.
- Retains existing accounts by working closely with the broker to ensure the account renews. This may include re-marketing of the account when required.
- Markets and quotes new business to retail brokers. Responsibilities include pre-qualifying and enhancing brokers’ submissions in order to obtain the best possible results.
- Creates cover notes, invoices, certificates of insurance, letters and other documentation as required.
- Requests and follows up with brokers and insurers for outstanding information, endorsements and/or policy documentation in a timely and organized manner.
- Reviews Declarations, wordings and endorsements for accuracy and completeness on each account, with appropriate follow up to correct any errors.
- Provides advice to brokers on commercial insurance issues to add value to their organization.
- Responds to telephone calls and emails from brokers and underwriters in a prompt and professional manner.
- Operate within our broker management system, EPIC.
- Compiles and submits to Underwriters monthly bordereaux as needed.
- Develops and maintains extensive market relationships.
- Proactively assists in the development of products and marketing strategies.
- Participates in industry functions and targeted public relations activities.
- Maintains broker database and contact lists.
- Maintains expiry lists, records, and policy files to ensure that they are organized and up to date.
- Maintains new business production spreadsheet.
- Processes incoming mail and directs to the appropriate personnel within the department.
- Follows corporate policies and procedures.
- Performs other appropriate functions as required.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Level 2 license
- Prefer at least 1 - 3 years of experience as a Commercial Broker or Client Service Manager
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Professional designation preferred (CIP or CAIB)
- Must have technical knowledge of product area or industry
- Must be client focused
- Must work well in a small team and with others throughout the organization
- Good knowledge of markets and their policy wordings
- Able to operate in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel…)
- Creative application of products, markets, and alternatives
- Independently carry out assignments
- Working knowledge of EPIC is helpful
- You will be working in a thriving, progressive and well-established insurance brokerage company
- Competitive salary, group insurance benefits, and RRSP matching plans from your first day
- A culture that encourages and supports continued education
Our Vancouver office is situated in Coal Harbour, half a block from the world renowned Seawall. Employees often enjoy activities along the Seawall during their lunch break with Stanley Park being close by. Our office is easily accessible for employees by car and public transit and there are bike storage lockers in our building.
Let’s stay in touch: follow us on LinkedIn to see what we are up to and check out our other job openings.
Learn more about us on our website: http://www.tsw-management.ca/ and www.bflcanada.ca
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.