Who we are
TuGo is one of Canada’s leading travel insurance providers and a Canada’s Best Managed Company Platinum Club member. At TuGo, we make travel easier and a better experience by connecting partners and products with travellers, offering what they want, when, where and how they want it.
TuGo is an engaged, empowered and effective community of people, working together to help make great travel-related experiences for our customers. At TuGo we strive to be valued, effective and trusted. These values are the same internally in how we work with each other and externally expressed as our brand, in how we support and engage with our customers.
Headquartered in BC, with almost 200 employees in offices across Canada, we’re looking for an Inside Account Representative to join our Richmond, Mississauga, or Montreal team!
What you'll do
You are responsible for providing service to an existing book of accounts and contacting potential licensed and non-licensed partners in order to increase sales of TuGo products. This requires pro-active planning and contacting of existing and potential partners.
Specifically you will:
- Achieve sales targets.
- Develop and maintain a current business plan ensuring its alignment with department and corporate business plans.
- Build client relationships and source new opportunities through an organized calling program focused on both existing and prospective licensed and non-licensed clients.
- Prepare and deliver sales proposals and presentations to existing and prospective licensed and non-licensed clients emphasizing the benefits and suitability of current products.
- Attend sales-related functions such as trade shows for brokers, auto clubs, credit unions and travel agents.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the current market environment including knowledge of primary competitors and their products.
- Attend weekly sales meetings and present results to objectives on a quarterly basis.
- Prepare weekly schedule and report the weekly plan in advance
- Remain current on our products, procedures, and systems.
- Achieve performance targets.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and all other teams.
- Responsively and effectively handle issues.
- Look for ways to improve customer experience.
- Promote and model TuGo culture, values, and brand promise.
- Continuously build professional and technical expertise.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll bring
- Degree or diploma in business or a related discipline
- Level 1 insurance licence
- 3+ years of sales experience in insurance or financial services
- 2+ years of experience using our insurance products as well as our internal sales and customer service systems and procedures
- Well-developed negotiating and selling skills are essential to this role
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities
- Familiarity with using databases
- Thorough knowledge of the Canadian travel insurance industry is an asset
- Detailed knowledge of TuGo’s and competitors’ products is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong team player and positive contributor
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and able to learn applications quickly
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Able to consistently live our values of valued, effective and trusted
- A strong customer experience focus
- A passion for continuous learning and professional achievement
- A passion for travel
Apply to TuGo
If you’re passionate about providing better customer experiences, and this position fits your career plan, send your resume and cover letter to: