WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1987 by Barry F. Lorenzetti, BFL CANADA is one of the largest employee-owned and operated Risk Management, Insurance Brokerage, and Employee Benefits consulting services firms in North America. The firm has a team of over 850 professionals located in 19 cities across the country. BFL CANADA is a founding Partner of Lockton Global LLP, a partnership of independent insurance brokers who provide Risk Management, Insurance and Benefits Consulting services in over 140 countries around the world.
Here at BFL our employees have the freedom to demonstrate their own creativity, leadership and entrepreneurship because we strongly believe in them. We are a national collaborative team that thrives in a face-paced environment.
BFL CANADA is looking for an Accounting Technician for its Vancouver Office!
As a member of our Finance division you will be responsible to providing the highest quality service to clients, colleagues, and insurers.
If you’re looking for a dynamic work environment, keep reading!
YOUR DAY AS AN ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN
- Daily, weekly, monthly working papers and reconciliation primarily focused on payment transactions
- Prepare revenue analysis working papers for completeness and accuracy.
- Reconcile and payment requests to accounts payable to insurance companies
- Prepare for processing claims cheques, payments to brokers and customers
- Reconcile the auxiliary of accounts payable ledger
- Record insurance payable related month end entries. Assist with month-end as required.
- Provide production reporting to new client executives
- Investigate billing discrepancies and recommend solutions.
- Prepare general ledger reconciliations, identify and clear discrepancies.
- Monitor A/R sent on Collection.
- Participate in annual budget process.
- Provide billing and A/R related information during the year-end audit.
- Offer support to team members
- Perform other tasks and special projects as needed
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- College degree or technical degree in accounting or 2 – 3 years of experience in an accounting department
- Excellent communication skills, listening, verbal, and written
- Excellent knowledge of Excel coupled with good technical aptitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of transactions to process
- Ability to work well independently, in a team and with other members throughout the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail and precision are essential
- You will be working in a thriving, progressive and well-established insurance brokerage company
- Competitive salary, group insurance benefits, and RRSP matching plans from your first day
- A culture that encourages and supports continued education
Our Vancouver office is situated in Coal Harbour, half a block from the world renowned Seawall. Employees often enjoy activities along the Seawall during their lunch break with Stanley Park being close by. Our office is easily accessible for employees by car and public transit and there are bike storage lockers in our building.
Let’s stay in touch: follow us on LinkedIn to see what we are up to and check out our other job openings.
Learn more about us on our website: http://www.bflcanada.ca/
BFL CANADA is an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.