Minimum 5% to maximum 40% share equity as a partner of a 50 year established brokerage buying into the ICBC / private auto operations company with monthly revenue stream. Use your creativity finding innovative ways of enhancing the auto customer insurance experience. Team up with another person and buy 10% for $100,000 or buy in higher up to 40% for $400,000. or go in on your own. Financing is available with down payment.
You will own the book of business you bring into the brokerage at an annual 50% split.
You will cross sell the existing autoplan book and receive 50% commission each year from new P&C never insured with the brokerage before.
When it comes time to sell the brokerage, the current multiples are now 5 x total commissions.
This is a turn-key opportunity. An ICBC license is still worth more than $800K and that is without any associated revenue stream, retail office set up and without any goodwill. Preference will be given to a young aspiring broker entrepreneur wanting equity ownership. The current landscape makes ownership of a full brokerage virtually impossible and with a great deal of risk and capital expenditure.
Grow the existing Auto/ICBC book
Cross sell the entire P&C brokerage for their ICBC expiry dates. With ICBC online sales, there is a great opportunity to cross existing P&C customers and increase auto insurance revenue organically by simply obtaining expiry dates and processing renewals online. The entire Province is now the target market. ICBC premiums and commissions are at their lowest point in 5 years and will only continue to rise. Cross sell clients with private auto insurance if needed.
Grow the P&C book from Auto customers
Cross sell the entire auto book for customers that currently don't do their Home and Business insurance with the brokerage and manage that P&C book and get paid 50% commissions annually for it.
Brokerage is contracted with most major domestic insurers. Bring your book of business over and grow both organically through existing leads and with your own book of business. We place almost 100% of our general lines business and can assist with placing risks for those that are inexperienced in commercial lines (or personal lines)
What you will do:
As partner owner, you will be the key Auto insurance contact for customers, managing the day to day retail and online auto insurance operations and profiting from growth month after month.
- Cross sell the existing auto insurance book with other lines of business and manage those clients as you gradually develop and get compensated for that book with a 50% commission split year after year.
- Cross sell the existing general lines insurance book for auto insurance expiries. Only about 50% of existing P&C customers do their auto insurance with the brokerage.
- Follow up on auto/ ICBC leads given to you to contact general insurance clients for their Autoplan expiry dates.
- Use your creativity finding innovative ways to market the brokerage online ICBC presence.
- Promote private auto insurance when necessary as best choice for customers.
- Hire and manage one other person as your assistant.
What you will bring:
- Passionate about people and cultivating strong relationships through excellent customer service.
- Thrives in a team orientated and dynamic environment
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to deal client issues as they arise.
- Strong organizational skills while being able to adapt to everyday changes in the industry.
- Level 1 or 2 License
- Industry knowledge on the general insurance side.
- Some IT knowledge
- Experience with social media marketing
Potential return on investment is 1-3 years depending on drive, work ethic and willingness to be a business owner.
Please email your resume in confidence to: