Create your future at SASCU. We invite you to be part of a team where you can feel good about the work you do and the positive impact on the communities we serve in the Shuswap region. We also believe in fostering a work environment that is the perfect blend of friendliness, support and professionalism, not to mention, fun! Add in competitive salary and benefit packages, along with perks such as an employee incentive plan, reduced banking fees and spectacular natural scenery, and you’ll see why SASCU is an award-winning employer.
As an Insurance Advisor (Level I), you will provide a high level of service quality to new and repeat clients on a variety of Autoplan and general insurance products and services. The Insurance Advisor demonstrates a sales, service and community focus and is eager to contribute to the growth of the SASCU Insurance team.
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrate initiative in identifying client needs and offer solutions to meet those needs, further solidifying the relationship.
- Provide counsel to repeat, walk-in and phone-in clients regarding Autoplan and other insurance services.
- Provide support to the Insurance team to promote efficient department operations and quality service delivery.
- Coordinate and maintain appropriate ICBC stock, office supplies, and ICBC batching.
- Maintain knowledge of insurance products and effectively promote them.
- Facilitate and follow-up on referrals to relevant areas of SASCU.
- General administration and other office duties.
What you’ll bring:
- A Level 1 General Insurance Salesperson’s License, or CAIB 1 equivalent, and ICBC Autoplan certification.
- A minimum of six months general insurance experience.
- Solid knowledge of insurance products and services and a basic understanding of insurance underwriting processes.
You’re perfect for this role if you have:
- Superior communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- High levels of ownership, accountability, and initiative.
- Commitment to continuous learning and self-development.
This position is full-time, Tuesday to Saturday. It is an excellent opportunity for a community-minded individual to further their career within a successful and growing organization. To apply, please email a cover letter and résumé to us at .
A bit about SASCU:
SASCU Financial Group offers a broad range of personal and business financial services through SASCU Credit Union and its three lines of business: SASCU Insurance, SASCU Wealth, and Commercial banking. SASCU Credit Union branches are in Sicamous and Sorrento, plus two in Salmon Arm. Established in 1946, SASCU has more than 19,000 members, 150 staff, and over $900 million in assets. Learn more at www.sascu.com
A note on COVID-19:
Additional safety precautions have been put in place to protect SASCU staff and the public. More details can be found here: sascu.com/covid-19-response. Further information will be provided later in the recruitment process.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.