The administrative assistant is a full-time, long term position and is responsible for quoting and processing new, renewal and endorsement insurance transactions, providing superior client service and assisting with marketing objectives. This position is responsible for assisting producers with administrative work involving their books of business.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Administration of producer books of business
- General reception to telephone and clients in office as necessary
- Input and maintain client database and client files
- Process insurance applications, binders & certificates and ICBC transactions
- Track new business process to completion
- Analyzing renewals, negotiating with insurance companies and re-market existing insurance policies where necessary
- Resolve client questions/problems (or refer to producer if appropriate)
- Process client endorsements and change requests (address, banking changes, etc)
- Assist with marketing initiatives as they arise
- Involvement calendar administration and managing correspondence on behalf of producer
- Other administrative duties as requested and required
- Strong interpersonal skills, solution-oriented and results driven
- Strong organizational skills
- Cheerful and professional attitude
- Time management skills, ability to work independently as well as within a team, in a dynamic office setting
- Previous experience in the insurance industry preferred
- Knowledge of PC applications (Work, Excel, Outlook & Basic customer CRM systems) is required
- Minimum 1 year experience in the general insurance industry which include Personal Lines and Autoplan
InsureBC is one of the largest insurance broker networks in British Columbia with over 90 locations. We provide all lines of insurance products to individual and corporate clients in BC with best in class customer service. We offer a positive work environment, solid opportunity for personal growth as well as a competitive compensation package. Please email your resume along with the name of the position you are applying for to - careers at insurebc dot ca. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in The InsureBC Group but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today. In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook for InsureBC news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!