Links & Resources
Frequently requested documents
- Centre for Study of Insurance Operations - provides standard forms and technology resources in support of the broker distribution channel.
- Insurance Bureau of Canada - the national industry association representing Canada's private home, car and business insurers.
- Institute for Catastrophic Loss Reduction - an independent, not-for-profit institute for disaster prevention research and communications.
- General Insurance OmbudService- an independent dispute resolution service for complaints related to home, auto or business insurance.
- Mediate BC- provides dispute resolution services in B.C.
- Insurance Council of B.C. - licenses insurance agents, salespersons and adjusters; sets educational requirements and disciplines licensees when there has been a breach of the statutes, regulations or rules that provide consumer protection.
- Financial Institutions Commission - a regulatory agency of the provincial Ministry of Finance, FICOM administers the statutes that regulate the pension, financial services and real estate sectors in B.C.
- Consumer Resources - covers consumer tips, road safety, emergency planning, homeowner information and other topics related to insurance and risk management.
- Privacy Resources - links to authorities and resources that will help brokers comply with privacy statutes and contractual requirements for proper handling of clients’ personal information.
- Canada Law Books on Carswell.com. Search using keyword "insurance" in the Carswell Product Catalogue.
- Canadian Insurance: statistical reports and annual Brown Chart.
- Insurance People Media Ltd.: BC Insurance Directory, Prairie Insurance Directory.
- Canadian Underwriter: National Insurance Marketer, Annual Statistical Issue, Ontario Insurance directory.
- MSA Research: Financial information and analytical tools for Canada's insurance professionals.