The Great British Columbia ShakeOut
On October 19 at 10:19 a.m., millions of people worldwide will practice how to “Drop, Cover and Hold On” during Great ShakeOut Earthquake Drills. British Columbians can join by registering for the 2017 Great British Columbia ShakeOut.
ShakeOut BC provides excellent resources that brokers can utilize around the office and share with.
- ShakeOutBC Drill and Participant Guide: Simple to advanced drills for any organization
- Basic School ShakeOutBC Drills
- ShakeOutBC Social Media Guide
- ShakeOutBC Public Education Campaign Guide
- Tourism Participation Guide
- ShakeOutBC Door Hanger: Printable ShakeOut door hanger
- ShakeOutBC Rack Card: Printable ShakeOut rack card
- ShakeOutBC Tent Card: Printable ShakeOut tent card
- Tsunami Rack Card: Printable tsunami rack card
- Tsunami Door Hanger: Printable tsunami door hanger
- Tsunami Tent Card: Printable tsunami tent card
- Tsunami Drill: How to include tsunami evacuation in your ShakeOut drill
- Tsunami FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions about tsunamis in British Columbia and how to reduce their potential consequences.
Also, check out IBABC’s Stay Safe: Earthquake checklist/quiz!